Can Dogs Eat Grape Popsicles?

Can Dogs Eat Grape Popsicles?

Dogs are cute creatures. So, it’s natural to have the urge to give them a special treat every once in a while. But it’s important to know which foods are suitable for them. Because foods that are safe for us, may not always be safe for dogs. Now, you might be thinking, “okay I know all that! Tell me about grape popsicles. Can dogs eat grape popsicles?” The short answer is no. As grapes can be toxic for your dogs. And, can cause serious health problems. So, if you wish to stay risk-free. Then, you shouldn’t feed them your grape popsicles.

Yes! We can understand your disappointment. But it can’t be helped. Because a grape popsicle is a frozen treat made from grape-flavored ice or sorbet. And, it is made by freezing a mixture of grape juice, water, and sugar in a popsicle mold. Unfortunately, grapes are considered toxic for your dogs. So, in this article, we’ll explore the dangers of grapes and grape popsicles for dogs. And, look at the potential risks and hazards of feeding it. Let’s get started!

Can Dogs Eat Grapes?

Can dogs eat grapes?

Raw grapes are toxic for your dogs. Because it contains tartaric acid. Even if you only feed them a modest amount. Still, it has the potential to be dangerous. And, we discovered that in extreme circumstances, it can potentially lead to kidney failures!

However, a few things such as your dog’s breed, size, age, and overall wellness. Can influence its sensitivity to grape poisoning. And, symptoms may include –

  • Vomiting
  • Diarrhea
  • Lethargy
  • Loss of appetite
  • Abdominal pain

So avoid giving it to your dogs. And, if you believe your dog has consumed grapes or something that contains grapes. Then, contact your veterinarian or the Animal Poison Control Center (ASPCA) right away. Because early treatment is important in preventing significant health complications.

Can Dogs Eat Popsicles?

Can dogs eat popsicles?

While some types of popsicles may be safe for dogs to eat. But there are potential dangers to consider when giving dogs popsicles.

One risk is the possibility of your dog choking on the stick. Popsicles with sticks should be broken into small pieces. Or, removed completely before giving them to your dogs. This is especially important for small dogs. As they are more at risk of choking on the stick.

Another potential danger of giving dogs popsicles is the sugar content in them. Because it can cause dental issues in your dogs. Such as tooth decay and gum disease. And, more or less all popsicles contain high amounts of sugar.

Additionally, it is important to consider the ingredients in popsicles. Some popsicles may contain ingredients that are considered toxic to dogs. And, while it is possible for some types of popsicles to be safe for dogs. Still, it is important to be cautious. And, avoid giving your dogs any popsicles with toxic ingredients. Examples of such toxic ingredients are grapes, raisins, and sultanas. If you see any of this mentioned on the popsicle ingredient list. Then, do not feed it to your dogs!

However, keep in mind that each dog is unique. And will differ in their vulnerability to grape, raisin, or sultana poisoning. It is therefore wise to err on the side of caution whenever possible. And, avoid offering your dog these foods. Moreover, always check with a veterinarian before giving your dog any new treats. As they can make sure that it is safe for your dogs.

Can Dogs Eat Grape Popsicles?

Can dogs eat grape popsicles?

When it comes to grape popsicles. Then, the potential risks of toxicity for dogs are significant. As previously stated, grapes are toxic to dogs. To be more specific, tartaric acids are toxic to dogs. Which is commonly found in grapes, raisins, and sultanas.

As a result, it is not safe to feed grape popsicles to your dogs. And, you should avoid feeding them anything that contains grapes, raisins, or sultanas. Because in severe cases, it can lead to kidney failure. In addition, there also can be other harmful ingredients in grape popsicles. For example, some popsicles contain artificial sweeteners. Such as xylitol, which can be toxic to your dogs. And, it may also contain dairy products. Which is difficult for them to digest.

So, your dogs can not eat grape popsicles. And, you should keep it out of your furry friend’s reach. While making sure that their foods or treats are free of any toxic or hard-to-digest ingredients. Moreover, it’s always best to consult with a vet before making any changes to your dog’s regular diet.

Alternative Treats for Dogs

Alternative treats for dogs

If you really want to give your dog a refreshing treat on a hot summer day. Then, there are plenty of safer options to choose from. One option is to make your own dog-friendly popsicles at home. Here is a recipe for homemade dog-friendly popsicles:


  • 1 cup water or broth
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter (make sure it does not contain xylitol)
  • 1 banana
  • 1/2 cup frozen fruit (such as berries or mango)


  1. Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
  2. Pour the mixture into a silicone popsicle mold specifically made for dogs. We recommend that you get homEdge Puppy Dog Paw and Bone Silicone Molds. As it’s a great option available on Amazon!
  3. Freeze for at least 4 hours, or until solid.
  4. To serve, remove the popsicle from the mold.

With this recipe, you can use any sort of broth. Such as chicken broth or beef broth. And, you may also add any type of peanut butter if you want. But, make sure that it does not contain xylitol. Also, you may add some flavors. By mixing and matching all types of frozen fruits. Just be careful to avoid using grapes, raisins, or sultanas.

Another option is to buy commercially made treats and frozen desserts. And, our favorite treat is the Blue Buffalo Health Bars. However, if you want a frozen option then Stewart Freeze Dried Dog Treats might be best for you. Either way, you can be sure that you’re feeding healthy food to your furry friends.

However, keep in mind that treats should only make up a tiny amount of your dog’s diet. And, you should always consult with a veterinarian. To find the appropriate diet for your dog’s individual needs.

Final Thoughts

In conclusion, it is not safe for dogs to eat grape popsicles. You should not give them any treat that contains grapes, raisins, or sultanas. These contain tartaric acid. Which is toxic to dogs and can cause serious health problems. Still, on a hot summer day, it may be tempting to enjoy a cool grape popsicle with your furry buddy. However, before offering it to them, it is critical that you understand the possible dangers and repercussions.

So, the answer to, “can dogs eat grape popsicles?”, is a no. And, before giving any of your food to your furry friend. You need to always read the ingredients label. Moreover, always consult with a vet before making any changes to your dog’s diet.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *